Gordon Haff who is my opposite number in North America is hosting a Webcast this week globally available for registered attendees to watch / interact with from their browser of choice. I can’t over emphasis to those who are interested that this is a really good opportunity that could be hugely beneficial.
If you are interested in Cloud architecture and building some core understanding of Open Cloud and how we are trying very hard to be a differentiator in Cloud as much as we were in the field of the Linux mainstream activities everyone has grown accustomed to us delivering. Stealing the bullet points from the promo page I am also going to link to below, Gordon will be looking at why the correct approach to Open Cloud:
- Makes it possible to build a hybrid cloud that spans physical servers, multiple virtualization platforms, and public clouds running a variety of technology stacks.
- Fully leverages existing IT investments and infrastructure.
- Enables portability of applications and data across clouds.
- Allows an evolution to the cloud, with incremental value gained with each step.
- Puts you in charge of your technology strategy.
The running slots are:
- Wednesday, May 9, 2012 | 13:00 UTC / 9am (New York) / 3pm (Paris) / 6:30pm (Mumbai)
- Wednesday, May 9, 2012 | 18:00 UTC / 2pm (New York) / 8pm (Paris) / 11:30pm (Mumbai)
- Thursday, May 10, 2012 | 01:00 UTC / 6:30am (Mumbai) / 9am (Singapore) / 11am (Sydney)
Visit the registration page if you’re interested in attending and you’ll be sent an automated email response with further information. Registrants will receive a link to the on-demand recording after the live event for the Building an Open Cloud webinar series.
Other upcoming webinars and past on-demand recordings can be accessed and registered for by following this link